1) Increase my understanding of new ideas, technologies, and products in stage management.
2) Brainstorm with other educators about current course content.
3) Brainstorm with other educators about recommended practices in teaching and mentoring.
4) Attend Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion workshops presented by the education arm of the organization.
5) Network with other professionals and educators to make connections that will benefit current students and alumni seeking summer and post-graduation employment.
6) Create more understanding nationally about our programming at UM.
Most of my conference attendance goals were met. By attending informational, educational, and discussion sessions, I gained new and affirmed current content for my classrooms. I attended several sessions regarding diversity, equity and inclusion which has increased my awareness and understanding of ideas, possible action, language, vocabulary and culture. Networking with key leaders in the industry occurred and awareness of the programming and excellence at UM was increased. I was introduced to new technologies to which students should be introduced. All of this will directly benefit students in class, activity, mentorship, and advising settings as well as students seeking summer and post-graduation employment.
New content and understandings will be disseminated to appropriate colleagues through discussion, report submission, and email threads.