- Programs & Services
- Resources & Publications
- Grants & Awards
- CRLT Players
You’ve been offered a faculty position—now what? Learn how to negotiate for the conditions that will help you be successful in your first faculty job.
Negotiate Like a Professor. An article from Inside Higher Ed on some do's and don'ts of faculty job negotiations.
Strategies/Tips for Negotiating a Job Offer. These tips were compiled from past PFF panelists.
Negotiating an Academic Job Offer in the Social Sciences and Humanities. The videos below are from a 2012 PFF panel featuring:
- Crisca Bierwert, Associate Director and Coordinator of Multicultural Teaching and Learning, CRLT (Moderator)
- Theresa Lee, Dean of College of Arts and Sciences and Professor of Psychology, University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- Gregory Dowd, Chair and Professor of American Culture, U-M
Negotiating an Academic Job Offer in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math. The videos below are from a 2012 PFF panel featuring:
- Chad Hershock, Assistant Director, CRLT (Moderator)
- Sean Decatur, Dean of College of Arts and Sciences and Professor of Chemistry, Oberlin College
- Mark Burns, Chair and Professor of Chemical Engineering, U-M