- Programs & Services
- Resources & Publications
- Grants & Awards
- CRLT Players
Online Workshop: Research-Based Practices for College Teaching
In this online workshop, you will see examples of active learning at U-M, reflect on how these techniques could be applied in your own classroom, and engage with fellow graduate students to address any obstacles to implementing the techniques. Specifically, you will:
- Watch a series of short video clips showing U-M instructors using a variety of teaching and learning activities to engage students in active learning. (about 35 minutes total)
- Write a reflective response to the videos you watched. (suggested length: 400-800 words)
- Read and comment on at least two responses written by other participants. These comments will respond to questions raised by your colleagues.
- Complete an online survey about your experience as a participant.
It should take about 2-3 hours to complete all of the activities.
- Steps 1 and 2 must be completed between Monday, 7/10 and Sunday, 7/16.
- Step 3 must be completed between Monday, 7/17 and Thursday, 7/20.
- Step 4 must be completed between Friday 7/21 and Monday 7/24.
You should receive an invitation to the Canvas site on Sunday, July 9. If you do not receive an invitation by Monday, July 10, please check your spam folder first and then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Completion of all of the activities will count as one workshop toward Requirement B for the Graduate Teacher Certificate.