Eligibility and Deadlines
Graduate Teacher Certificate Program: Eligibility and Deadlines
Important Eligibility Guidelines and Deadlines
- This program serves graduate students of the Ann Arbor campus. Postdoctoral fellows are not eligible to participate in the Certificate program, but may participate in CRLT workshops and may request consultations from CRLT.
- Completion of each program requirement must be documented. Please read the requirements carefully before submitting any documentation on the My Dashboard page.
- Any requirements completed via CRLT-organized orientations, workshops, and consultations will automatically be added to your dashboard. If any items are missing, please email UMGraduateTeacherCertificate@umich.edu. Items completed elsewhere, such as GSI appointments, mentorships, non-CRLT workshops, departmental orientations, and consultations with Graduate Student Mentors must be submitted on the My Dashboard page.
- Participants may complete requirements, submit documentation, and receive Certificates through the end of the academic term following their graduation.
- All program requirements must be completed within the five years prior to receiving the certificate. Requirements completed more than five years ago will expire, and those requirements will need to be completed again. This is true of all requirements except A (orientation).
- You may complete requirements A-E in any order, but we recommend completing E last because this reflective exercise is an opportunity to synthesize and reflect on your entire professional development experience.
- You may NOT submit documentation for an activity before the activity has been completed. For example, do NOT submit documentation for a GSI appointment in the middle of the term you are teaching it.
- Certificates are awarded each December and April.
For certificates awarded in December
- Teaching philosophy statements (requirement E), must be submitted by October 15 to allow enough time for review (and revisions, if necessary).
- Documentation for ALL requirements must be submitted AND approved by November 15 to be considered for December awards.
- In December, a link to an online program evaluation survey will be emailed to all participants for whom all Certificate requirements have been documented and approved. Participants will receive their Certificates after providing a mailing address in the survey.
For certificates awarded in April
- Teaching philosophy statements (requirement E), must be submitted by February 15 to allow enough time for review (and revisions, if necessary).
- Documentation for ALL requirements must be submitted AND approved by March 15 to be considered for April awards.
- In April, a link to an online program evaluation survey will be sent via e-mail to all participants for whom all Certificate requirements have been documented and approved. Participants will receive their Certificates after providing a mailing address in the survey.