Research-Based Practices for College Teaching: An Online Workshop
In this online workshop, you will learn about research-based practices that can be used to promote student success. We will also explore the evidence behind those practices. Specifically, you will:
- Begin with the introduction to the workshop, then engage with the three major topics of the workshop (student background knowledge, motivation, and mastery) through readings, videos, thought exercises, and short written responses.
- Write a reflection on the workshop topics and their applicability to your current or future teaching. (suggested length: 400-800 words)
- Read and comment on at least two responses written by other participants. These comments will respond to questions raised by your colleagues.
- Complete an online survey about your experience as a participant.
It should take about 2-3 hours to complete all of the activities.
- Steps 1 and 2 must be completed between Monday, 6/11 and Sunday, 6/17.
- Step 3 must be completed between Monday, 6/18 and Thursday, 6/21.
- Step 4 must be completed between Friday 6/22 and Monday 6/25.
Registered participants will receive detailed instructions on how to access the online workshop on Monday, 6/11 when the workshop begins. Completion of all of the activities will count as one workshop toward Requirement B for the Graduate Teacher Certificate.