1: Determine if there is a relationship between years of pharmacy experience and rate of utilization of the virtual medication dispensing software 2: Determine the effect of previous pharmacy experience and utilization of virtual medication dispensing software on student outcomes 3: Determine student perceptions regarding the use of virtual software to increase the amount of personalized learning in a required course
This project had a positive impact in the class that I teach. While there were a number of changes that I made, I believe a significant contributor was this project. I have also talked with multiple colleagues in my department about the use of virtual simulation as a teaching tool.
- Poster at Investigating Student Learning Poster
- Poster at Health Professions Education Day Poster
- Presentation at the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Conference in Findlay, Ohio
- Finishing manuscript to submit to a pharmacy teaching journal
- Presentation at International Social Pharmacy Workshop that focuses on virtual programs to help students learn. Will incorporate some lessons learned from this project.
Advice to your Colleagues:
Incorporate more experienced students in the project. It helped me stay on track.